Sunday, May 21, 2006

The curious incident of the dog in the night-time


3 minutes ago i found myself on the last page of the book my dad borrowed me. I felt a pain in my chest, just like Christopher, the main character of the book. It was a psychological pain in my chest, partly because I didnt want the book to end, and partly because it was a really sad but wonderful book.
The book goes by the quirky title "The curious incident of the dog in the night-time" by Mark Haddon.
It's a story about a 15 year old autistic boy named Christopher and the way a kid with his condition absorbs information with his senses, while he is trying to solve a quite unusual murder mystery.

I quote: " ITS A MURDER MYSTERY NOVEL like no other. The detective Christopher Boone is fifteen and has got Asperger's syndrom. He knows a great deal about maths and very little about human beings...."

I finished the book in 5 days, and i never laughed so much with a book before (at least at the first part of the book).

I suggest all of you to read it. Its a masterpiece in my eyes!!!

Now its sunday, and I have to start working on our social studies project! Blahaaaa.

No comments: