Saturday, July 08, 2006

Losers match


I'm sorry, but the most overrated team of this world cup must be Germany. I know that goals are decisive wether or not the team will win, but honestly, I didnt find Germany to possess the most exciting game nor best team of this world cup
Of course, i will not hide my bitterness towards Germany winning over Portugal. I thought Portugal had much more football spark to show for than Germany. The opportunities were there, and they definetly deserved to have won the bronze - It would have been fair, it would have been nice.
However, this world cup has so far upset me deeply and surprised me not once but a couple of times.
I root for Italy to win the gold medal - you know why.. On the other hand, I like their agressivity. But as it seems, this world cup is becoming more and more alike corruption and unfairness - just like the brazilian politician mentality..
If France wins, I will consider this the world cup of the witches - no doubt about it. I dont find football to be a sport anymore as it once was, it is losing its essence and I am sure all of us suporters are aware about it - This world cup smells more and more like rotten fish to me...fishy indeed.
To wrap this post up, let me tell you, Brazil will wake up from their deep cinderella sleep..*yawn*
Now if Brazil ever meets Portugal in 2010, well..that is a whole new story.

My admiration belongs to you this world cup, Portugal! You did after all reach the 4th place - well done!

No comments: