Sunday, July 23, 2006

Update

Aloha!
Long time no read, huh? I know, I have been bad at keeping up the posts since I left Uppsala to Stockholm. I have been home now, and calmed down after the world cup. First I thought of writing about Zidanes tatanka moves, but then i realized every second blogger will be writing about it, so I let it go.

Now to the updates:

1. It has been enjoyable to be home, we have had my brother Carl and his family visiting us for a few days, Daniel came along too and spent a few days with us. It was definetly full house.

Last weekend is what I could easily call the "weekend of hell" - even though it was nice to have so many kids and people at home, everything that could have gone wrong did - the house decided to break down : the pool got a crack, the water overflood the cellar - we still dont know where the water is coming from, the toilet seats broke, my brothers little son, Alexander, nearly drowned ( it wasbt a pleasant experience, luckily I managed to get him out in time - nobody saw that coming, it all happened in a split second, and it took a few seconds for us to realize he had jumped in the water, so my brother jumped from the veranda into the pool with all his clothe to save Alexander, but i managed a few seconds before - thank god...)
2. And last but not least, my dad broke the back of his left foot when he jumped in the pool, so now he cant walk for nonetheless 8 weeks, it makes him basically paralized (and the fact that we are moving in september-october doesnt make it better nor can my parents travel and enjoy summer, so typical isnt it!?!)


It always happens to the best families ;) as i would like to believe.

3. My niece Alessandra has been here in Sweden with us for a few weeks now, she is only 6 years old and came all by herself from Switzerland, where my oldest sister lives - I must admit, I enjoyed having her around more than expected. She is so funny, sweet, easy going, happy, loveable, talkative and creative..it will be definetly hard to let her go, now that i got used to having a cute little thing lying down next to me. I really hope one day to have an exact copy of her ;) - if it doesnt work out, i will just have to ask my sister to "make me one of those" hahahaha!!!!

Well, not much has happened other than that. Have met friends, hung out with family, played beachvolley in Uppsala with some friends, been with my boyfriend enjoying his company, being lazy, reading, enjoying the unusual summer heat that has blessed Sweden this year - all in all, easy-going and enjoyable - it is definetly nice to change environments now and then.


No comments: