Sunday, August 20, 2006



BEFORE SUNRISE

Today is a typical sunday - quiet, lazy and with a lot of time to spend on..absolutely nothing!

So I decided to dowload a movie I had seen 6 or 7 years ago called "Before sunrise" with Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy.

A young man and woman (Celine and Jessie) meet on a train in Europe, and wind up spending one romantic evening together in Vienna. Unfortunately, both know that this will probably be their only night together..

I like these kind of movies, for the simple fact that its a conversation movie. It is simple and genuine. No special effects, no great action scenes, just reality..and that is magical to me - a thousand times more interesting than any smart over the top 20 million action flick.

I am sure many people recognize this movie, as it became very famous. The follow up came 10 years later as "Before sunset" shot in 2004. I strongly recommend it.

Here are a few quotes from the film which I am very keen of:


I believe if there's any kind of God it wouldn't be in any of us, not you or me but just this little space in between. If there's any kind of magic in this world it must be in the attempt of understanding someone sharing something. I know, it's almost impossible to succeed but who cares really? The answer must be in the attempt.


I like to feel his eyes on me when I look away.


Daydream, delusion, limousine, eyelash / Oh baby with your pretty face / Drop a tear in my wineglass / Look at those big eyes / See what you mean to me / Sweet-cakes and milkshakes / I'm delusion angel / I'm fantasy parade / I want you to know what I think / Don't want you to guess anymore / You have no idea where I came from / We have no idea where we're going / Latched in life / Like branches in a river/ Flowing downstream / Caught in the current / I'll carry you / You'll carry me / That's how it could be / Don't you know me? / Don't you know me by now?

You know what's the worst thing about somebody breaking up with you? Is when you remember how little you thought about the people you broke up with and you realize that is how little they're thinking of you. You know, you'd like to think you're both in all this pain but they're just like 'Hey, I'm glad you're gone'. Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? Well, who says relationships have to last forever?

Now quotes from the follow up, "Before sunset":

Jesse: In the months leading up to my wedding, I was thinking about you all the time. I mean, even on my way there; I'm in the car, a buddy of mine is driving me downtown and I'm staring out the window, and I think I see you, not far from the church, right? Folding up an umbrella and walking into a deli on the corner of 13th and Broadway. And I thought I was going crazy, but now I think it probably was you.

Celine: I lived on 11th and Broadway.
Jesse: You see? Memory's a wonderful thing if you don't have to deal with the past.

Celine: Baby, you are gonna miss that plane.
Jesse: I know.

I'm designed to feel slightly dissatisfied!

Maybe what I'm saying is, is the world might be evolving the way a person evolves. Right? Like, I mean, me for example. Am I getting worse? Am I improving? I don't know. When I was younger, I was healthier, but I was, uh, whacked with insecurity, you know? Now I'm older and my problems are deeper, but I'm more equipped to handle them. At least now we don't have to pretend that each new sexual experience is a life-altering event.

Celine: I guess when you're young, you just believe there'll be many people with whom you'll connect with. Later in life, you realize it only happens a few times.
Jesse: And you can screw it up, you know, misconnect.

The concept is absurd. The idea that we can only be complete with another person is evil! Right?


And my personal favorite...

You can never replace anyone because everyone is made up of such beautiful specific details. - isn't that true...





Andra bloggar om: , ,

No comments: