Tuesday, May 11, 2010




I think i got it!

Happiness is something every human being wants to achieve but not always does.
It is such a suttle feeling many do not attain in life.
I am more and more conviced it has become so as we have predetermined ideas of what happiness is supposed to be. Then reality comes along, and disappoints us.

In my opinion, happiness is achieved when we have learnt to live and accept the imperfections of life. That in fact, there is no such thing as PERFECTION.

If you quit your idea of "happiness", where you have a criteria for everything, such as 1. how you want your life to be 2. what kind of girl you want to marry 3. where you will want to live..and INSTEAD, accept that you may not marry the girl you thought you'd marry (but whom you still love of course), did not end up in the city you thought you would and just live without a CRITERIA for everything? What about letting things develop naturally?

Isn't happiness being in peace and accepting that you will not always get EXACTLY what you want, that the world is NOT perfect, that PERFECTION is an utopia created by men, just to make them even more miserable?

I find disappointments and unexpected situations important too. I have accepted that they will appear in my life and mess all my future plans, that i will never get rid of it. But if i accept them as a part of life, that there is no way I can shape my future according to MY CRITERIAS exactly of how i want it to be, maybe I will be happy and let life show me new paths and new ways of thinking.

Yes, we decide our own fate but we can't be overly paranoid and expect that we will get everything we want exactly the way we want them to be.


For all i know, I might not move to Barcelona. I may find a better school in Madagascar and get married before i turn 30, in a Las Vegas 20dollar chapel,dressed as Elvis Presley.


Not in my plans. AT ALL. But absurd? Absolutely not.

No comments: