Thursday, June 01, 2006

And the song of the week is...





..Kelis!
Everytime I think of Kelis "Milkshake" it reminds me of mom. Because we all know that somehow, mom's are really really awful at remembering song lyrics, and once again, somehow, mysteriously, screw up the rythm of the song with their very own impersonated version of the song. (However oh so darn charming, mom =)
For you to have an idea, my mom transformed "My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard, and damn right, its better than yours, i can teach you, but I have to charge" to "My milkshake is sold in stores, and the boys come runnin' to it and oh yeeeee but you have to pay for it!!!!" - now try singing that. Can you get it to swing?? ;) Hehehe sorry mooooooooom, I damn love you, but this is so sweet, and I love your impersonations. I can't wait till next song!
I could easily occupy my entire blog to my moms own song impersonations...!!

Anyhow!!!
Kelis returns with her new single, “Bossy” featuring Too $hort. Her “Milkshake” brought all the boys to the yard in 2004 and now she’s back with her new album Kelis Was Here.


"I'm bossy, I'm the first girl to scream on a track I switched up the beat of the drum That's right, I brought all the boys to the yard And that's right, I'm the one that's tattooed on his arm I'm bossy, I'm the chick ya'll love to hate I'm the chick that raise the stake I told young stunner he should switch debate I'm back with an 808 'cause I'm bossy.."

Here's her lucious video...


Get this video and more at MySpace.com

1 comment:

Fragments of life said...

haha...Mom is precious!!!!
I think we could open a common blog just to dedicate it to stories about mom...Lot to write ;)
Kiss, sistah