Sunday, June 18, 2006

The copycat effect / that's right, shizzle to the sizzles!!!





















I am the typical example of what one may call the sister looks up to older sister (this time, middle sister) - effect.

My sister and I moved to Sweden together with our family 7 years ago. We had the alienation in common.
We have a special bond, which may make people sort of jealous, or merely call it a copycat complex (sorry, mr Freud).
Looking from the outside it may look like I copy my sister in many ways. Our blogs look alike, our nicks, our pictures, our shoes....
Everytime she is judged by some pityful creature (which are many), I feel like I have to sink to the low level of these low lives - but only if she allows me to of course.
When I hear the situations she is put in, I find it sad that some people don't have better things to do than giving their "oh so wise" opinions about what she should do, what she should have done and so on.
If you look at the choices you made in life, I can bet that 98% of the time you didn't do as you should, according to your family, according to your friends or mentor, did you?

I believe we have our own ways to go. We chose our weapons and we seek to fulfill our journey with the hand on our hearts. If the road is dark, so be it. It is our choices afterall. What may be right for you, may not be right or make sense to the other.

I don't like the fact that people pick on everything she does. Who gives them the right to do so? What makes them so much wiser?

I have seen the problems coming at her, and i always try to let her know that I supposer her no matter what. I know it is a sister thing, but she is also a person. So please. This should be a lesson to all of you out there, who have missjudged people, who manipulated, who lied, who threatened, who intentionally tried to make someone feel worse because it makes you feel better.

This post may be overdramatized, but i couldnt care less. These are my upset feelings talking - for my sister and for everyone out there who have been victims of pityful criticism.

This takes me back to when I was small. My sister had come home late, and my mom got so angry at her that she hit her. I remember crying instantly. Powerless and small. What could I do? It felt like I felt that same slap in my face..
But i feel today that words are stronger than the physical. So I try my very best to live my life without imposing my ideas on other peoples lives. Haven't you noticed, human beings need their freedom in order to find their way? So please, let us take our own roads, then i'll let you take yours, without judging your fowl acts.

Look yourself in the mirror before you go judging other people...
Let sisters be sisters!!!!And let us screw our lives as much as we want to! ...and the rest is silence.

1 comment:

Fragments of life said...

Sister!!!! You melt my heart!!!!!
I love you more than words can describe...and you know that I also turn into a lion when having to protect you...
You are my little one for ever.
Thx for all the support and understanding...and if you copy me, I could not care less!!!!

Am very proud of the wonderful woman you are becoming.
Love always...big kiss