Monday, June 19, 2006

Ronaldo - the fat diaries?!!


Alright, alright. By reading the title you're probably thinking that I am about to mock Ronaldo - but I won't.
I think I am the only one who hasn't picked on him. Like I'd say "Fat??? my schmizzle!"
This has become a topic of choice in Brazil these past weeks. Ronaldo did arrive in Germany in less-then-usual-top-shape but accordingly to his dietist, he has been following a rigid regime and has improved quite a lot since he arrived, so please drop it people!
I feel so sorry for him. First he was criticized by his bad performance for Real Madrid, and now this. No wonder he feels psychologically bad - Ronaldo has been rushed to the hospitals not once, but twice (and the world cup is only half way through).
It is obvious he hasnt showed his famous star quality in the fields during this World Cup so far.
To call him fat is exagerated. In my point of view if he is in bad shape, it must be simply a matter of a few extra kilos. Since when being a little overweight transforms into "Fat"??

That is such a typical media-like thing to do, and the worse part is that its contageous. So contageous to the point that the people start using that word and instead of reading the real facts, they stick to the very same tricky journalism.

Remember his injury in 2000? He has survived 2 major injuries, when it looked hopeless. So let's not pick on him, let's cheer for him, because we are afterall fans, in good and in bad times.


ps Credits for www.inflavio.net for the drawing / translation : Didn't I tell you you look fat? - Brazils current president Lula da Silva ds

No comments: