Wednesday, September 20, 2006

IMPRISONED BY BAD DREAMS




I am becoming sick and tired of my constantly interrupted sleep.
Every night I dream bad dreams. It's always the same topic, but that I will keep to myself. I don't wish to describe it, other that It's disturbing my sleep and making me feel bad when Im awake as well. I don't want it :/

In the dreams themselves I am powerless, I feel a strong uneasiness and I never take a stand in my dreams - I let it take over, and that angers me to the core.

Reading through some explanation on dreams, I have found the following:
  1. Dreams are metaphorical translations of waking expectations.
  2. Expectations which cause emotional arousal that is not acted upon during the day to quell the arousal, become dreams during sleep.
  3. Dreaming deactivates that emotional arousal by completing the expectation pattern metaphorically, freeing the brain to respond a fresh to each new day.
  4. Dreams are seen as being projections of parts of oneself. Often these are parts that have been ignored, rejected or even suppressed. One aim of gestalt dream analysis is to accept and reintegrate these. The dream needs to be accepted in its own right - not broken down and analysed out of existence.
And to top it of openquoteIn Islam, good dreams are considered to be from God and bad dreams from Satanopenquote - Now isn't that comforting?!

_________________________________________________________

No comments: