Wednesday, September 20, 2006

TIME TO REACH OUT


I'm ready for the new chapter in my life.

In about 3 months my time in Uppsala will come to its end.
It has been so far, a year and a half of a lot of new experiences.
I will carry this experience with warmth in my heart throughout my life.

The corridor life is unique. The people one meets are amazing.
Moving away from home for the very first time was the scariest thing I have even gone through. But i had to move, it was important for my well being.

I was sad to leave, and felt lonely the first month. I remember my mom's expression on her face when the whole family brought me to Uppsala (Becca, Arjan, Mom and Dad) and helped me move - she looked sad to "let me go", and so did I.
But on the other hand it was exciting - everything was new. I was extremly shy the first months here. I remember not wanting to go out to the common kitchen and meet my 11 resting corridor mates. I hid in my room and all i had from the beginning was my boyfriend, who lives here in Uppsala.
Gradually I became more social, and looking back, I feel I have changed a lot, and on a personal level, I feel like I grew up - In a good way.

But little did I know, as the months passed by, people moved in and we began to become a big family. We played prank on eachother, played volley together, we made parties together & got drunk together, we cooked together and so on. People came and went. Amazing people whom I managed to bond in a short period of time, but who carry a lifetime of meaning to me and others not quite much, but that's how it goes. Sometimes you're lucky with the new people moving in, sometimes you're not. But all in all, it became home. These are the moments life is made of....

Uppsala for me is the Flogsta scream at 22am every bloody night (student tradition here in the Flogsta ghetto of Uppsala), the dirty corridor, the Cathedral, the nations, the common fridge, the bikes, the pranks, exchange students, waterpipe sessions, karaoke, the supermarket trips down here, movie nights, Daniel (this town will always remind me of you, as it is where it all began.....none of this would have been possible without your help, and i wouldn't have experienced this if it wasn't for your kind help. Your help came in a time I really needed it, and from a very unexpected source - so thank you, a million forevers @)-,'-'---)

I'm sad but at the same time i'm happy. I am preparing myself already, because I know I will feel strange the last weeks here.

Soon I will become a Stockholm student, and hopefully I will be moving in with my sister, and that will make the transition less painful.

There is so much feeling - it is impossible to describe..

I await nervously, hoping for the best.

I'm ready for the new chapter in my life.


__________________________________________________________

No comments: