Wednesday, July 02, 2008

I was supposed to be her

There she was. Staring back at me with her beautiful glowing face, embracing her beautiful boyfriend. 

There was the picture which finally surfaced on my page. Long have I awaited for this moment - To put a face on the girl who took my supposed place. 


I was supposed to be on that picture.


I expected to feel worse than I really did. I don't feel like I was "supposed" to anything really, but we always picture ourselves next to that special person, that one person who we exchanged secrets, hopes, smiles, jokes & opened our hearts with. That little seed never got to see the light. Somewhere along the line it got killed.

To top it off, I could not bring myself to hate her. Not even dislike anything about her look, because she did look nice. Not the good-looking sort of nice, simply genuine in her eyes.

It is funny how none of them probably have any idea how their pictures made me feel as I stared back at their picture-perfect Kodak photos.

I am not sad, but I am not jumping in joy either. I no longer feel grief.
I just can't help but wonder -  "It could have been me. Once upon a time, I REALLY wanted it to be me."

Bless the miracle of time, which has sedated that awful rejecting feeling I once carried, and which will always resurface one way or the other.

Honestly, ok.
It's fine.
We can all relate, right?


No comments: